Hero MotoCorp limited, formerly Hero Honda, is an automobile company that is highly respected in the high efficiency and performance – based budget motorcycle market in India. Most of their motorbikes are heavy duty and robust and usually used by customers for comfortable daily transportation through the arduous city traffic and deteriorating road conditions. Hero Bikes in India are preferred by the customers as they are extremely durable and keep performing without breaking down.
Currently, Hero have diverted their focus from their existing models and are investing resources in developing new vehicles in the 200 – 300 cc segment. Hero Bikes generally have a maximum displacement of 150-160 cc. Recently, they have launched two motorbikes having a displacement of 200 cc or more and plan to launch two more bikes in this category. The two bikes currently available in the market are:
- Xtreme 200R:
This is one of the most dynamic Hero Bikes available in the market. A sleek yet durable body with some muscular and aerodynamic features with fine detailing, this bike is a street, performance and sporty vehicle. These are some of the features and specifications:
- Engine: 199.6 cc, 4 stroke, 2 valve, single cylinder, air cooled, SOHC
- Max Power: 18.4 bhp @ 8000 rpm
- Max torque: 17.1 Nm @ 6500 rpm
- Alloy Wheels with 17-inch tyres
- 100/80-17” TL tyre at front, 130/70-17” TL tyre at rear
- 276 mm/ 220 mm disc brake at the front/ rear
- Single channel Antilock Braking System (ABS)
- Fuel capacity: 12.5 litre
- Karizma ZMR:
Karizma ZMR is one of the most famous Hero Bikes in India. It is the fastest bike manufactured by Hero and its sporty looks give it the appearance of a sports/ super bike. These are some of the features and specifications:
- Engine: 223.0 cc, 4 stroke, 2 valve, single cylinder, air cooled, SOHC
- Max Power: 20 bhp @ 8000 rpm
- Max torque: 19.7 Nm @ 6500 rpm
- Alloy Wheels with 18-inch tyres
- 80/100 X 18” TL tyre at front, 120/100 X 18” TL tyre at rear
- 276 mm/ 240 mm disc brake at the front/ rear
- Fuel capacity: 15.3 litre
- Top Speed: 130 kmph
Apart from these two models, Hero MotoCorp have plans to launch another two bikes; one in the naked street bike segment and another in the sports, off-road and touring segment. The Hero Bikes are XPulse 200 and the other one is yet to be named but is rumoured to have a similar build as that of Hero XFR3 concept bike launched at the Delhi Auto Expo in 2016.
XPulse 200: This will be the successor of the Hero Impulse and have a 200 cc, four stroke, single cylinder engine which will generate 18 bhp of power and 17 Nm of peak torque. This engine will be similar to that of the Xtreme 200R and will receive fuel through Fuel Injection (FI) system. A single channel antilock braking system (ABS) will be factory fitted in this bike.
With some amazing launches upcoming, Hero Bikes are set to take the market by storm.
Also check more details about upcoming Tata Harrier in India